It doesn't make sense that this, of all seasons of my life, would be the one in which I am knowing the greateast joy, but it's true. And I want to share it. So I'm starting this blog to let you in on what I'm learning: There is real peace to be found in the greatest of trials, and real hope despite seemingly insurmountable obstacles. It is possible to love and to live more deeply than you have before, and to experience joy in the unlikeliest of times - when it seems, like wildflowers peeking up from January snow - completely out of season.

-Elizabeth

















Monday, October 31, 2011

Tomorrow?

We very likely will meet Lily tomorrow!  We went to the OB this morning, and I am SO glad that she and my high risk doc are back in town.  I made it through the whole week without them last week, but started not feeling right yesterday.  My blood pressure started going up, I was seeing spots, and I looked puffier than I ever remember looking pregnant.  My OB saw me and said  I either already have preeclampsia or it is setting in and ordered a test that takes 24 hours to assess how bad it is.  We talked her into letting us go home for the time being, and check in to the hospital tomorrow morning unless things take a turn for the worse.  I so wanted to see Avery in her costume.  I am seeming to get worse, but not bad enough yet to warrant going in. 

My OB told us it is very, very likely Lily is coming tomorrow.  She took me off all of the contraction stopping meds, and also, they won't let me try to carry her longer with preeclampsia.  It's just too risky.  We are praying we make it through the night.  I'm anxious and excited.  Lily is still about a half week shy of full term, but we got a lot further than we did with Avery and the preeclampsia I had with her.  I pray Lily arrives truly having defied all the odds - completely without any defect - internal or external.  Please pray with us for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment