It doesn't make sense that this, of all seasons of my life, would be the one in which I am knowing the greateast joy, but it's true. And I want to share it. So I'm starting this blog to let you in on what I'm learning: There is real peace to be found in the greatest of trials, and real hope despite seemingly insurmountable obstacles. It is possible to love and to live more deeply than you have before, and to experience joy in the unlikeliest of times - when it seems, like wildflowers peeking up from January snow - completely out of season.

-Elizabeth

















Thursday, June 30, 2011

Noonan's Test Results

This will be a super-quick update as I am pretty tied up with about a half a million things.  I received this awesome email from our genetics counselor at Baylor College of Medicine yesterday and just had to share:
Mrs. Arredondo,
I wanted to let you know that we have gotten the results for the Noonan syndrome testing and Spinal muscular atrophy testing that were sent to Northwestern Reproductive Genetics lab from the prenatal sample.  Good news – both tests were negative with no mutation detected in the genes associated with these conditions.  This significantly reduces the chance that the baby has either of these conditions.  If you have any questions please let me know.
Sandra
We are thrilled.  We are officially now at a 70% chance of a healthy baby.  Please continue to pray for her, and know how powerful those prayers are.  I’m thinking it might be easier to pray for someone with a name, so we will be announcing her name here sometime in the next few weeks.  Be watching!
In other, less exciting and dramatic news: We are still negotiating things on both our house and the house we are purchasing.  We close (supposedly) in three weeks.  I’m beginning to wonder why this is so hard, and if we heard God right about this move.  If you have some breath and time left when you are praying for baby, please ask for clarity for us in this situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment